Saturday, May 28, 2011

Obsession!

Okay, so I have a serious obsession with planning this whole shin dig, we're trying to work on a budget right now and its proving to be difficult. I am the first to get married, so no one really knows what to expect, how much is too much or what a good deal is. It says the average Utah wedding is $4,000, however that is not including the venue becuase most vet married in the temple and have the reception in the church, which is great for some people, but not for me. I don't really wanna get married under a basketball hoop. The average wedding outside of Utah is $14,000 and I sure as hell don't want to spend that much. No thank you. My ideal would be to keep everything under $5,000, and I still think that is a lot. I should be able to though, because the venue that I want is only $2,000 and EVERYTHING is included, except for food so I'll have to deal with that as we get closer because I have no idea what I want to do when it comes to that. I know we have awhile and I'm kinda jumping the gun but I am just really excited, but I really am happy that I have a long time to plan and get things organized.

Also I think I found a cake design I like! Now, for those of you that know me I don't really like cake, so I was just looking around to see some ideas for a small one that we could still cut and do all that stuff, but that I wouldn't have to eat and wouldn't be too expensive. I just don't wanna pay $300.00 for something that is totally gross. So I was browsing facebook and found "Utah Wedding Cakes" and they had some pretty nice cakes I won't lie, but I dont like fondant, really its gross but looks awesome. Buttercream is where its at, well this website boasts that Dawna's buttercream is so smooth that it looks almost exactly like fondant. The website is http://www.utahcakes.com/ for those of you that would like to look at some that she has up. As I was scrolling thru I found this little baby!


 Isn't it perfect?! Its ZEBRA! What?! Awesome. Yes. So I obviously wouldn't have green, I would change that to purple, and have the dots be champagne and gray, and maybe have the stripes be purple instead of black but I'm not sure. So you believe me when I tell you, I will be calling Dawna shortly and trying to work this all out. Plus her prices appear fantastic. I was honestly kind of dreading the cake thing but now I'm all excited. I have also semi thought about doing something like this for the little kids, cuz its just awesome. Really who doesn't love a Cupcake Tree? I mean really? Its cupcakes, yummy!

So I found these cute shoes that I love, I've had shoes like them since I was 7 and they are just awesome, and totally cumfy. I've had about every color since I discovered them, and can't get enough of them. Plus they are so CUTE! Purple and Gray Converses? I mean how awesome? My mom and Jill really don't like them though, they think that I should be in heels, but I'm going to have to stand all flippin day, plus no one will even notice cuz I'm gonna be wearing a dress that drags on the floor so no biggie. They are just so dang cute!

I'm trying to get organized as much as I can without making things final because is so far away a lot could change by then and I don't want to be dissapointed if something doesn't work. I'm trying to be healthy a lot lately because I want to feel awesome on my wedding day. To be healthy looking and have toned arms is my goal for that day, and to have perfect skin. I want to look tan and have no acne or have an awesome photographer who can make that happen haha. I'm pathetic and vain I know but this is what I want, I just want to be comfortable in my own skin. To me its really important. I'm working really hard to make sure that is a reality and then stick with it even after. I just want to start our lives together as a healthy and happy couple.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the shoes, you should totally wear them. :) However, if your family's insistent you can always buy heels too. I had pink heels for pictures and flip-flops I wore the rest of the time. :) I think I probably wore my heels a grand total of maybe an hour on my wedding day...

I'm so excited for you, congrats! Wedding planning is so fun. :)

Kristy said...

GO FOR COMFY SHOES!!!!! I did and I don't regret it for one minute!! Like you said, no one will see them unless you show them!! It is a long day and your feet might as well be comfy! They will thank you when it is all over :-)