Friday, October 8, 2010

Missionaries :)

Well, I started this blog about 2 years ago, around the time that my best friend in the entire world left on his mission. I started it so that I could just kinda have something to do since I was so so sad without him here. Travis Denney was/is my best friend ever. Him, Walter and I were like the 3 amigo's before they both left me to serve. I am so so proud of them for taking 2 years of thier lives and being so willing to give that to God. They truly are amazing people. Travis was/ is serving in the Minneapolis, Minnesota mission and Walter is in California. Travis gets back in 5 DAYS!! I am seriously so excited I can hardly contain myself. Walter gets home sometime in March and we are seriously excited for him too :) We decided that if I was still single- I mean not married cuz I am definitely NOT single- that we would go on a road trip when everyone gets back. We'll have to wait til Summer considering I am in school but its gonna be a blasty blast, I'm definitely gonna bring Chandler so that he can meet them and love them as much as I do. Travis is the closest friend I think I have ever had uptil Chandler, he has been there for me since I was 4 and trust me, I've gotten him in his fair share of trouble. I remember once in 9th grade when we both go in soo much flipping trouble for lying to our parents and coming home late, like at 11 and our curfews were 10. Yeah we were both grounded for like 3 weeks and could only hang out at school, that kinda sucked but that night was so fun and totally worth it. He came to the Manti Pageant with me that summer and we had so much fun just walking home with our huge group of people. The best were the nights during our junior year when we would go hang out after work (Walter, Travis and I all worked at Maceys') and we would go hang out at the football field and drive around in the little Toyota Pickup and do donuts in the snow, we slammed into a curb once and bent that axle so bad that the truck drove crooked until Travis's dad went with him to find a new one. In the truck it was always Travis driving, me in the middle shifting and Walter screaming out the window at people. Those were the days, it was right after we'd graduated from high school so we didn't have to worry about school, or important jobs or any of that crappy stuff you have to deal with now, life was so much more simple.
When Travis left it was the hardest thing in the world for me and I seriously cried for 2 weeks and didn't get out of bed at all. It was definitely not the most fun I've ever had, my only consolation in the whole thing was that he was doing what he needed to be doing and what made him happy, reading his letters of him telling me how happy he was and the great people he was working with made it easier and as time went on I moved on too. Now I realize that 2 years isn't a lifetime like I thought it was going to be and I am so happy that he went its amazing. But I'm still so excited that he's coming home :) Only 5 days :) Then we can go find our Tree, we carved T.W.A. BFF in a tree up American Fork Canyon right before he left and I haven't been able to find it since, but he says he knows right where it is so I'm sure we'll go look for it soon, we'll have to because if we don't hurry up its gonna snow on us and we won't be able to find it. I don't think I can be patient enough to wait another year to see this dang tree. Life has changed a lot since he left and I hope he doesn't have a major freak out when he gets back. I just miss his face and can't wait to see him in 5 short days!!!

No comments: