Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Deets.

Okay, so we have a date, but I haven't booked the place completely yet so I can't tell everyone in case it changes. But the important thing is WE HAVE A DATE! Last night I was with Roy til midnight (yes late I know, I'm feeling it today) and we were discussing wedding ideas and looking at other people's pictures and saying what we liked and didn't like and it was so fun! We picked a lot of things that I just love, like flowers, bridesmaid dresses, my dress and looked at sample photography so I could feel like I was at least getting something done, I know I know I have a year but I'm a little O.C.D. so I feel like I should get things under control now, and then 3 months before hopefully my panic attacks won't be as bad.
Anyways, I've pretty much decided on my colors, Purple (obviously), gray and champagne. I just love them, and they look classic. I know its not really summer but oh well, I'll have some lilac purple in there to make it all look summerish. After looking at everything with Roy last night I am not completely dreading this. At first I was like ughhh.. I'm gonna have to plan this for a million people and there is so much to do and so many details and I just wasn't so excited. But now I can hardly wait! I have 3 things that I want to be perfect and that is 1. My photography, that is my number one important thing, I just want nice pictures! 2. The venue, I've been to parties here and it is amazing, I love it its gorgeous, resonably priced and has everything I want. 3. My dress, I want my dress to make me look so faboulous. To just fit perfect and highlight my awesome features and cover the not so awesome ones. I just want to look and feel awesome in it.
Roy was showing me last night all her bridal pictures last night and the ones she did with Derrick before the wedding and they are fantastic! Honesly I think Chandler and I will do pictures before we get married just so I know I have awesome pictures just in case something happens on our wedding day that I can't control, like it rains, or it takes SO MUCH TIME! So we might just do it before, so I can pick a nice location and have awesome pictures to display at our reception. I know some people are all about not seeing the dress til the day but I don't mind either way. To each her own.
Also, I picked my bridesmaid dresses, they are purple haha duh. And we're thinking of tying a gray sash around them but I'd have to see it so I'm not sure. They are indeed strapless but I could add sleeves really easy, or I could just leave them, they are gorgeous either way, and since all of my bridesmaids (Jill, Roy, Taylor and Jade) are stick figures I know they'll look great no matter what plus, they go to the knee! So its not like a scandalous dress. I just love these dresses and how perfect is that color. I realise that I wasn't very specific when I said purple, I mean eggplant, the beautiful dark purple that looks good on EVERYONE! That is what my bridesmaids will be wearing and I'm so excited I could scream.
Part of me is so sad that this is forever away but it will make my planning so much better! I know there are still things I will forget about until the day before and I'll probably still freak out but I'm happy we have a long time and we can take things at our pace. This is going to be ahmazing! I really am so excited.
Okay so I don't know if a lot of people know about these gorgeous little beauties but I didn't until amazing Roy showed me them. They could not be more PERFECT! I never thught about lilies until I saw this, and I've always loved them but this color is just amazing. Mine will be the dark purple, with the stems wrapped in maybe gray? I dunno but they'll be wrapped the whole length instead of just part way like these ones are but I couldn't get a better picture. How gorgeous are those?! My bridesmaids will have the ones that are white with purple centers so they still match, and they are fantastic too! I just can't get over how much I love love love these flowers. Freak good thing I have Roy or I never would have know about them. She is a genius I tell you.
Well, thats pretty much what I have right now exept for the bridal party, I have mine Jill- sister, Roy- bestie, Taylor- Chandler's step-sister, Jade- Chandler's sister. He doesn't have his yet cuz he's not a psycho and plans all this stuff years in advance. I'm really pretty excited for all this if you can't tell but I'm allowed!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Hi Andrea,
I am excited for you and your upcoming wedding!! I have a few tips for you. DO THE PICTURES BEFORE THE WEDDING!!! The ones that I have are some of my favorite!! Who cares about him seeing your dress :-) That is my opinion. Also the photographer that we used was Robert Dyer. He is in Sandy and he was AMAZING!!! Here is his web site, check him out!! http://www.robertdyerphotography.com/
He was a little pricy, but if you are going to spend your money anywhere do it on the photos! They are the only thing that you will have from that day in 20 years!
Good luck and try not to stress too much :-) Have fun with it!!

Congrats again!!
Kristy

Andrea said...

Yeah, I've pretty much decided that we're taking them before. There is just so much going on that day! I'll check him out for sure! I need an amazcin photographer :)