Friday, May 20, 2011

Update


So, with getting engaged everything is a little overwhelming. We wont be getting married until next summer because Chandler won't be finished with school until then and my grandparents and other family wouldn't be able to come over unless it was summer. I'm thinking July but haven't planned a single thing so I'm not sure. I do know that I want this to be an awesome party, and to have everyone we're close to there. A lot of people are like offended that we're not getting married this summer because its the "Utah" thing to do. I'm not knocking on other people but its just not for me, I've never planned on only being engaged for 2 months, for me its always been about a year. Plus, its my wedding so I get to choose. I just want to say now that if I didn't tell you personally it was in no way to offend you, I just have a lot of family and a lot going on so I can't remember all the people that I'm supposed to tell so don't be mad if you found out in a text or on Facebook, I still love you.
I have to admit it is kindof crazy being the center of attention though, Chandler and I work in the same place so EVERYONE knows us and how long we have been dating, not to mention almost every single person that works here knew that it was gonna happen on Tuesday, I am so shocked that no one told me, especially since I work at a car dealership and there are no secrets at car dealerships. I got to work on Wednesday and everyone wanted to see the ring and hear all the details, I loved telling them but I was almost embarrassed that I had to keep telling it over and over. However, I had absolutely NO problem showing off my ring :) The picture posted shows it with the matching wedding bands, which obviously I don't have yet since we aren't married, yet. It honestly is the most perfect ring that I have ever seen for me. I love it, I love the princess cut diamond and I love that it has lots of little ones so it looks really sparkly. It is really just so gorgeous, I can't stop staring at it to get anything done.
Anyways tomorrow is Rugby National finals, I almost forgot about them with all thats gone on this week, but I'm really glad that they're coming up. I think this is our year and BYU is gonna walk away with another National Title. Sariah and Weston and Brennon and Bailey and their families are coming up for the game so that should be great I'm excited to see everyone, then its Braden's farewell on Sunday so we'll be going to Manti for that, he leaves June 1st for California, and Sariah and Weston get married on the 4th! How sad is that?! 3 days before?! I would be so mad, but if he doesn't leave then he'll have to wait another 6 weeks before he can go again. Its kindof depressing. He'll be a good missionary though so that will be nice, I'm excited for him but its still pretty sad.
Anyways, not much else is new, other than I really should pick a date and start planning our wedding, there is just so much to do I don't really want to face it. I know I'll have to eventually but I still have to figure out when a good time for everyone to come over is so I definitely have some phone calls to make, anyways I better run.

1 comment:

SariahHunt said...

You will be great--you have time don't worry about what other people will say with things, it's how you do it. So, despite me saying that being engaged sucks yesterday, I hope that you'll have fun and enjoy it. :D Luv ya girl. You're amazing. I'm glad I got to see you this weekend.