Monday, August 1, 2011

July.

Well, I was on a roll blogging but I killed it. Oh well, life is busy. I haven't really done a whole lot wedding wise because its so far away that I don't feel like I can do much. I've decided that I'm too fat to get married right now anyways so I'm really really glad that we're waiting. We're still trying to decide the key things, like how many people to invite, if we're going to a luncheon and reception or just one, where we're actually going to get married would be a good start but I just can't pick a place.
I've looked a lot at Highland Gardens, Sleepy Ridge and South Mountain Golf Club. Those are my top 3 places, especially the golf courses bacuse they have awesome grounds and they have indoor and outdoor patios. I want to have my reception outside but since we're getting married in July I think we need to be nice to people and make sure they can go inside to the air conditioning. The hard part is that everything is so expensive, I got my dress for really cheap so that is a HUGE help but the venue and food its just kicking my butt. I just don't know how people want to spend that kind of money when you could use it on a down payment for a house. I think we might just take the money and go to Vegas ha. Just kidding, my mom already said no.
Speaking of my mom, she wants to invite everyone to the ceremony, but she has a really really big family so it makes it difficult (and expensive) to seat and feed everyone. When I pick a venue Il;; have a better idea of how many people I can invite so it will give me a better idea on food and everything else, I just need to pick a place without spending wayyy too much money. Its proving to just be a headache, so I'm forgetting about it for a few months so there isn't as many issues.
My new goal is to lose 40 pounds before I go to my dress fitting, my dress is strapless so my upper body needs to look awesome and I want to look freakin sexy that day. My arms are a problem area and I would love them to be more toned, and a strapless dress is obviously going to show them off so I need to get working, yeah yeah I have a year but I don't want to hit June and go oh crap! I'm still a fatty! I have a double chin lately too so I need to get that to go away and I would love my tummy to be flat and my legs to be toned. I found a Gazelle Air Walker (its like an eliptical machine) online today for 20 bucks so I'm going to go look at it this week and hopefully make a purchase then put it in my room and while I'm bored I'll be able to do that instead of be a fatty and eat chips. I just want to look so good, I know its shallow but I'm so depressed with myself lately because I have honestly gained so much weight I just hate it. None of my clothes fit anymore and I'm like ashamed to go buy bigger ones, I just keep saying I'm going to lose weight so I'll buy clothes when I'm skinnny again, but I keep getting fatter. So I'm caving, I want to be like Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition, its that serious. I have gained so much I want to die. I will lose it though, its gonna be intense. If I can just be motivated all the time or even half is better than what I've been. I will be skinny though, mark my words.
Anyways, sorry I bored you with my shallow thoughts, if anyone has suggestions or information about Sleepy Ridge or South Mountain PLEASE let me know, because they are my favorites.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you've looked at it, but the Northampton House in American Fork is nice for July. That's where we had our reception (in July), and it's great because you can have it indoor AND outdoor so kind of get the best of both worlds. They also can do all the catering, flowers, cake, and table pieces which is nice...you're only dealing with one vendor instead of a zillion. So sorry, I don't know anything about the other venues but I have nothing but awesome things to say about the Northampton House. If I could go back in time, I'd do my reception there again in a second. :)